General Ledger Accountant
We are looking for a General Ledger (GL) Accountant who has a great understanding of accounting principles, ERP systems and has helped manage a complete month-end close cycle. Experience working in both high-growth and fast-paced start-ups. A strong work ethic, high professional standards, and the capacity to get things done independently are essential for this role. This role will report directly to Accounting Manager.
What You'll Do
- Play an integral part of the accounting close and reporting process, assuring that
- month-end close tasks and reconciliations are completed on the assigned due dates.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations, and supporting schedules (payroll,
- cash, accruals, fixed assets, allocations)
- Participate in and contribute to the financial audit process including preparation of
- various audit schedules
- Play an active role in process improvement projects including implementation of
- enhancements to our ERP systems and processes.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of Standard Operating
- Procedure (SOP) documents for accounting policies and regulations
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation,
- data analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Collaborate with the business partners and accounting team to ensure products and
- partnerships are in compliance with revenue recognition
- Partner around revenue accounting, maintaining amortization schedules, and reporting
- Participate in developing and maintaining Internally Developed Software analysis
What you bring
- A highly motivated self-starter, with a passion for GL accounting and an ability to adapt in a
- constantly changing business that accompanies a high-growth environment.
- A degree in Finance or Accounting and/or n Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CIMA). 4+ years of work experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and private company start-up experience.
- Confidence in your ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Experience with Netsuite, or similar ERP systems and advanced Microsoft and G Suite skills strongly preferred.
- Experience with performing technical accounting research and understanding of GAAP
- accounting policies.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 4+ years of related progressive post qualified work experience that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices in a private company start-up environment
- Big 4 experience and/or CPA preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; high EQ
- Excellent skills in accuracy, organization, and comfortable working in a
- high-volume/fast-paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and G Suite skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP is strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle
- multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and driven to do things right
- Self-motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and
- proactive manner
- A team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
Fill out the enquiry form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.