Cloud Operations EngineerThe Cloud Operations Engineer will work as a member of the Security and Cloud Operations team and will provide Cloud infrastructure and Cloud-based applications support, reporting directly to the Security and Cloud Operations Manager. The engineer is also expected to have a strong background in Cloud Operations (AWS), System Administration and Networking. Security skills are a plus. Job location: Belgrade or remote
- Coordinate with our internal support and technical teams to achieve the following:
- Maintain Customer’s Cloud Systems uptime at all times – this is the highest priority responsibility.
- Protect the systems from data breaches at all times.
- Monitor and improve system uptime, performance, high availability and disaster recovery readiness.
- Identify system defects and test possible workarounds or patches before implementing them in production.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting and use of service, working with Technical Support
- Provide feedback to R&D efforts to re-architect, expand and improve SaaS offerings
- Available to work most planned monthly maintenance windows.
- Participate in emergency-only after-hours on-call rotation
- Write and maintain system documentation and operational procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Informatics, Telecommunications or related fields
- At least 3 years experience in IT-related positions
- 1 - 2 years experience with cloud providers (Amazon Web Services) required.
- IT certifications are a plus (AWS Certifications, Microsoft Azure Certifications, LPIC, CCNA R&S, CompTIA Certs, etc.)
- 100% Team player with strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, with a passion for Cloud Services, IT and learning new technologies
- Advanced GNU/Linux skills is a must
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for Cloud/IT Infrastructure needed
- Ability to adhere to policies, standards, and procedures related to change control and other operational best practices
- Considerable knowledge of internet protocols and implementations (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SAML, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TCP, IPv4, and IPSec)
- Web server administration and support (Apache, NGINX)
- Database administration and support (Mainly MySQL)
- Network device (firewall, load balancer) administration and support
- Network and application security services such as IDS, SIEM, WAF, Vulnerability scanners is a plus.
- Chef or Puppet configuration management automation tools are a major plus
- Convenient office location to all major public transportation lines
- Flexible work hours
- Plenty of office events such as happy hours and learning sessions
- Plenty of opportunities while we grow and scale
Fill out the enquiry form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.